Wednesday, September 28, 2011

An Interesting Troy Davis Factoid


I know we've moved past Frankenstein and on to The Reader but in light of Troy Davis, I saw this picture floating around the internet and I thought I should share it with you guys. Looking for more information about Crowe, I found this 2008 article explaining that although he confessed to a brutal murder, Crowe was reprieved of the death penalty and instead given a life sentence. Crowe confessed to this murder and plead guilty. It just made me extremely angry to read about this case versus Troy Davis, and I wanted to share.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, how can race not have something to do with this? It's disgusting that Crowe openly murdered that he killed someone and lives?? While Davis didn't even have evidence against him and is dead. They could have kept him in prison if they thought he was guilty, like Crowe. But execution?! When an openly admitted murderer lives. David was tried unfairly and I believe prejudice/racism had everything to do with it, whether or not anyone will admit it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.